WARRIORS BBS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warriors family tree app!

3 posters

Go down

Warriors family tree app! Empty Warriors family tree app!

投稿 by CXuesong Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:11 pm

新年快樂!I'm CXuesong from Chinese Warriors Wiki. I'd like to reach out, and share with you my unofficial Warriors Family Tree web app, along with my plan on collecting structured data about Warriors series, since there is a surprisingly lack of information from ja Warriors editions from my side.

I've written the post on Reddit (r/thedawnpatrol/e7f8n3/warriors_family_tree/), and you may find more information there.

Basically, in the web app you can see the family tree of any cat character in Warriors series. For example, you can start with the family tree of Firestar: https://crystal-pool.github.io/warriors-family-tree/#/familyTree/wd:Q621 , then click on the box of different cats, or simply search for a cat in the search box at the top of the app. (In English. Regretfully, I don't have enough Japanese names for now.)

You can drag the "Max depth" slider (slowly!) to see more distant relatives to the spcified cat. There is a known issue that the family tree will grow wierd and slow in layout when "Max depth" is larger than 4.

I have introduced multi-language support. Though I have grabbed some of the cat names from Wikia of different languages, for now only the labels for English and Chinese are complete. (Update: Now we have French and German languages!) And I haven't even started to translate the app itself into other languages. If you would like to help, well, I believe you can find the link in the app by yourself 😀

The data in this web app is provided by Crystal Pool, a personal Wikibase site operated by me that is dedicated to collecting structured data about Warriors series (though anybody can request for an account and make the edits). You can find all the (entity) pages about characters and books there. As there is currently no Japanese version of Warriors Wiki (none on Wikia/FANDOM; none that I'm aware of), it's impossible for me to synchronize the translations to the entities. I've grabbed some translations from Japanese Wikipedia, but that's far from enough.

Do you know where I can find some more information on the translation of the characters, places, and other terminology?

Thanks!

p.s.

Some more background about this family tree app that I have mentioned on Reddit

The basic goal of this home-made project (Project Moth Flight) is to provide an up-to-date, exhasitive but still readable family tree (that also works on your phone!) to Warriors readers.

This app is backed by structured data that is maintained manually. However, I've tried my best to reduce the amount of human inputs. For example, you only need to specify a cat's father/mother/mate, and the app will do the rest. In case you would like to see something magically technical… Well, here is the source code https://github.com/crystal-pool/warriors-family-tree (star the repo & thanks!).

The ultimate goal (Project Crystal Pool) is to slowly trying out if we can organize the world of Warriors in to structured data (Knowledge Base), and do something cool on it. Though I have no idea for now, but perhaps we can

• reduce the work of translating these structured data into other languages. (There are already books in 25 languages but only wikis in 12 languages.)
  • start a website for building your own family tree. (Well, perhaps that's waaaay too much to implement)

CXuesong
CXuesong
子猫
子猫

投稿数 : 3
所在地 : Beijing, P.R.C.

https://cxuesong.com

WaveSong likes this post

トップに戻る Go down

Warriors family tree app! Empty Re: Warriors family tree app!

投稿 by レッドサイト Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:35 am

情報をありがとう。
中国語版では、猫の生まれ順については書いてないのだろうか?
日本語版では日本語の文章を自然にするため定義されているようだけれど…
(兄弟であれば"兄"または"弟"と呼び、"兄弟"とは呼ばないからだとは思う。)
他の翻訳版ではどうなのだろうか?
レッドサイト
レッドサイト
子猫
子猫

投稿数 : 9
所在地 : 広島県

WaveSong likes this post

トップに戻る Go down

投稿 by WaveSong Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:42 am

Heya, I guess you aren't on this website, but if you ever come back, I think my husband and I could help with information about the translation. I am making a spreadsheet of some of the common terms with their translations now on Google Drive. People here don't speak English much so it would be hard for them to help you... but my husband is Japanese so he can give some info.
WaveSong
WaveSong
見習い
見習い

投稿数 : 22
所在地 : Hiroshima

トップに戻る Go down

投稿 by CXuesong Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:21 am

レッドサイト wrote:情報をありがとう。
中国語版では、猫の生まれ順については書いてないのだろうか?
日本語版では日本語の文章を自然にするため定義されているようだけれど…
(兄弟であれば"兄"または"弟"と呼び、"兄弟"とは呼ばないからだとは思う。)
他の翻訳版ではどうなのだろうか?

レッドサイトさん、こんにちは!英語でもいいですか?私はまだ日本語の初心者なので、失礼なことを言ってしまい申し訳ございませんでした。
Hi Redsight! I'm just a beginner in Japanese so hope you won't mind my blunt language in Japanese.

中国語版のウォーリアーズ(簡体字:「猫武士」/正体字:「貓戰士」)には、猫の生まれ順ははっきり書かれました。中国語(簡体字)では、日本語の「兄」を「兄长」や「哥哥」などといいます。「弟」を「弟弟」といいます。そして、「兄弟」は「兄弟」です。
In the Chinese editions of Warriors (series), the birth order of cats are stated explicitly (of course it's inferred by the translators).

最終編集者 CXuesong [ Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:19 am ], 編集回数 1 回
CXuesong
CXuesong
子猫
子猫

トップに戻る Go down

投稿 by CXuesong Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:49 am

WaveSong wrote:Heya, I guess you aren't on this website, but if you ever come back, I think my husband and I could help with information about the translation. I am making a spreadsheet of some of the common terms with their translations now on Google Drive. People here don't speak English much so it would be hard for them to help you... but my husband is Japanese so he can give some info.

Wow that's really, really kind of you. Since the data of the Family Tree is backed by the knowledge base "Crystal Pool", if you'd like to offer some translations for the cats or places, you may need to make edits on that knowledge base.

Actually the underlying MediaWiki system of Crystal Pool supports multi-lingual UI so I was thinking probably anybody who is willing can help to contribute to the cat names / places / events translations as long as they know some basic rules (unfortunately these rules are all in English).

Still, a spreadsheet should be helpful! I can try to figure out how to copy these translations to the knowledge base one by one, either manually or automatically.

I may not have sufficient time to explore the possibilities in recent months, and I understand you and your husband still have business to take care of. Still, if you still would like to offer help now and then, probably you can consider applying an account on Crystal Pool, or joining the discord channel.

No matter what, thanks a lot in advance!
CXuesong
CXuesong
子猫
子猫

トップに戻る Go down

投稿 by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

トップに戻る Go down

トップに戻る