WARRIORS BBS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

日本のウォーリアーズファンの文化について質問です。

3 posters

Go down

日本のウォーリアーズファンの文化について質問です。 Empty 日本のウォーリアーズファンの文化について質問です。

投稿 by レッドサイト Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:08 pm

アメリカ人の嫁からウォーリアキャットを知って、海外の文化についてはわかるのですが…
日本国内での文化を用語や定義がよくわからないので解説してほしいです。
出来れば海外との違いを含めて説明していただけると嬉しいです。

よろしくお願いします。
レッドサイト
レッドサイト
子猫
子猫

投稿数 : 9
所在地 : 広島県

サンウィング, Murre and ファイヤウィング like this post

トップに戻る Go down

日本のウォーリアーズファンの文化について質問です。 Empty Re: 日本のウォーリアーズファンの文化について質問です。

投稿 by Murre Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:35 pm

レッドサイドさん、よろしくお願いしますm(__)m
所在地広島県と書いてあったので、もしかして…?と思ってました〜!
ウォーリアーズファンが増えてて個人的に嬉しいです〜

日本と外国のウォーリアーズ文化の違い……

外国ではどうか知らないけれど、日本では、Twitterで毎週日曜日に、1時間で決まったウォーリアーズのお題のイラストを描く、ウォーリアーズわんどろというものをやってます〜
Murre
Murre
スター族
スター族

投稿数 : 965
所在地 : 4月1日に雪降りました(本当)

トップに戻る Go down

投稿 by レッドサイト Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:39 am

”ウォーリアーズわんどろ”は確かに海外ファンダムでは見かけないなぁ。面白い企画だと思う。

さて…
”ウォリクラ”という言葉について、これは略称がウォリがウォリアーズはわかるんだけど、クラがクラブなのかクランなのか…知ってたら教えてほしいです。(個人的にはクラブなのかと…)
”代理キャラ”について、これは海外のOC(オリジナルキャラクター)とはちょっと違って、ハンドル名のキャラでいいのかな?
海外では、ハンドル名とは関係無く個人が複数のOCを描いてる感じだと思う。
後、キャラがウォーリアキャットの世界観上ではなくて、ただ自身のアバター的なものでかなり自由に猫を書いてる気がする…?
更に言うと、色んなイラスト文化が混じっているような…(海外勢は少しこれについて困惑気味かもしれない。)
”キャラシート”について、海外のにはクランやステータスの項目があるけれど、OCでのロールプレイを想定してるらしい、日本ではそういう感じではなさそう?

というのが、僕が感じている事ですね…
レッドサイト
レッドサイト
子猫
子猫

Murre likes this post

トップに戻る Go down

投稿 by Murre Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:30 pm

クラスターという、
クラスタ(cluster)とは集団、とりわけSNS上に置いて似た属性を持つ人々の集団のことを指します。 属性は、例えば趣味・出身地・住んでいるところ・信仰・所属などなどが当たります。(コピペ)
のことです!(因みに私も最近知りました笑)

代理は、そうです。例えば、私ならマァーラーフェザー、レッドサイトさんなら、レッドサイト、っていう感じです
ocは、自分の創作上のキャラということで使うことのほうが多いかもしれません
少なくとも私はオリジナル創作のキャラのイラスト描いたときなどに、warriorscatsocのタグ使ったりしてます

Twitterで使われてる代理キャラシートは、主にさっき出てきた代理キャラの設定やデザインなどを示して、他の方がキャラを借りるときに分かりやすいようにしてる、って感じです
逆に海外のキャラシートの使い方知らなかった!!

あと、海外では、耳に(特に耳の後ろ)羽根をつけるキャラデザがタブーらしいです。私も詳しく知らないのですが、民族関係で良くないらしいです。
日本では知ってる人少なめで、海外と通じてる割合が高い人が皆に教えてる、って感じになってると思います
Murre
Murre
スター族
スター族

トップに戻る Go down

投稿 by WaveSong Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:38 pm

Hello, sorry to post English here... I am not sure how many threads to post English in but my husband wanted me to talk about some stuff so I will.

About the feathers, there are some people who are sometimes worried that the use of feathers as head accessories on characters may be offensive to Native Americans who use the feather headdress for spiritual practices. But the general consensus is because the context of Warrior Cats is completely unrelated to Native American culture, you can ignore this and add feathers freely with no worries.

About the character sheet, it is interesting that the Japanese one does not have any place to write what clan the character belongs in. In English speaking countries, we have the character sheet that includes information such as the clan and stats such as strength, intelligence, etc. We may use these character sheets for forum roleplay games, fanfiction, animations, art, etc.

Here is an example of an English blank character sheet:
(押して開く):

I am a bit confused by some of the choices to make the "original character" of Warrior Cats. Because in English speaking countries, we make the character that fits the in-universe of Warrior Cats, so they do not have things like hair, wings, etc like in the 2 examples I see on Twitter (which reminds me more of My Little Pony OCs honestly...).
(押して開く):
(押して開く):

In English-speaking countries, we tend to make some distinctions between how to make a character design. Please don't take this as negative criticism or anything! I think the drawings are cute, I just want to explain my culture a bit.

Some vocabulary:
Persona: The proxy or mascot of the artist in question. If it is an animal, we call these a "fursona", and these tend to be included as part of the furry community. Fursonas are a subgenre of personas.
SparkleDogs (aka SparkleCats): Colorful animal original character designs. May have added details like wings and horns, etc. They may or may not be used as a fursona. Could be just its own character.

I think that people in the English community will tend to draw fursonas, sparkledogs, Warrior Cat OCs, and My Little Pony OCs under the same username. I wonder if this may cause some confusion. Seems Japanese people want to make accounts for Warrior Cats only. But in the English community, we just like drawing animals and we make the differences more clear. The username of the person is unrelated usually to the characters. I think in English speaking countries, Warrior Cat OCs tend to use the "traditional naming" scheme (using names that sound natural and avoiding using words that are celestial since the story considers those rare sacred words) and have natural color schemes.

By the way, when I was younger, at one point I used a white tiger with purple stripes as my fursona. I never really gave her a name... If I were to make WaveSong into a character, I would make her a beige or grey spotted cat with blue eyes and have her live in either RiverClan or some made-up clan like ShoreClan which I imagine being near a beach, probably as a medicine cat because I like the mysticism of those characters. "WaveSong" is a name generated by the official English Warrior Cats website by the way when I made an account on it. I just clicked the name generator until it gave me a pretty water-themed name because I like swimming and RiverClan's gimmick is nice.
WaveSong
WaveSong
見習い
見習い

投稿数 : 22
所在地 : Hiroshima

サンウィング, Murre and レッドサイト like this post

トップに戻る Go down

投稿 by レッドサイト Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:58 pm

日本のtwitter等のアカウントの使い方が海外と大きく違うからかもしれないなぁ。
海外勢はハンドル名はその個人を表す単一的な扱いに対して、日本は複数アカウントのハンドル名を用途で使い分けてる感じがする。
僕は若くないので、そこらへんの事情はよくわからないけど…
レッドサイト
レッドサイト
子猫
子猫

Murre and WaveSong like this post

トップに戻る Go down

投稿 by Murre Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:23 pm

Right,Japanese worikura use their own character's, character's designs have hair,wings,are not natural colors,and names are not nature.
確かに、日本のウォリクラのTwitterは代理名が多く、猫のキャラデザでも、髪の毛が付いてたり、羽がついてたり、現実ではあり得ない色を使ってたり、自然物ではない名前が付けられたりしてます。
I have designed like this Spottedleaf.
私も、このようなスポッティドリーフのキャラデザインをしたことがあります。
Spottedleaf
日本のウォーリアーズファンの文化について質問です。 16589810
Left is her.
日本のウォーリアーズファンの文化について質問です。 Dsc_0051
They have hairs!
https://www.instagram.com/p/ChwP1lThf7l/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
I know like this.
アカウント名で言えば、日本ではウォリ垢、とか、雑多垢、とか、一人の持ち垢でも多くの区別が付けられてますね。
Murre
Murre
スター族
スター族

サンウィング and WaveSong like this post

トップに戻る Go down

投稿 by WaveSong Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:35 pm

Your Spottedleaf and Bluestar are cute!! I think the side-hair style is for some reason popular for Spottedleaf, I think because of the SSS Warrior Cats animation also has it (it really has a heavy influence on a lot of people lol). Back in the late 2000's, that type of side hair was popular to give to animal characters (even Warrior Cats ones!) because of the "scene girl" fashion style.

Some examples:
Artist: AlliKatNya (2007) (押して開く):
Artist: FlightFootWarrior (2010) (押して開く):

I don't think the English community does it as much anymore because the fashion style of "scene girl" is outdated now.
WaveSong
WaveSong
見習い
見習い

Murre and レッドサイト like this post

トップに戻る Go down

投稿 by Murre Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:35 pm

日本のTwitterのウォーリアーズの代理キャラシートは、シンダーペルトMAPに出てたフォナイフセイブルさんが作られたものです。

日本のシートでクラン名を書く場所が無いのは、ウォーリアーズのゲームをしてる人が少ないからかな、と思ったりしてます。

Your name,Wavesong came from website! It's so nice! Good name!
I have done it,but the website was so heavy. So,I stopped watching it.

あとは…日本には、私が知らないだけかもしれませんが、オリジナルポニーの文化はあまり無いと思います。探せばあると思うけど、日本のウォリクラの数と同じくらいかな…って……。
Murre
Murre
スター族
スター族

WaveSong and レッドサイト like this post

トップに戻る Go down

投稿 by WaveSong Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:54 pm

Makes me feel kind of lonely that not many people in Japan know of these western animal stories... there was some early art of My Little Pony from a few Japanese people I saw online before it had an official Japanese dub, and because My Little Pony is big in America, I thought it would be big in Japan too. It even has a cute convention advertisement. But, I come to Japan, and no one knows about My Little Pony or Warrior Cats... then I read on Wikipedia that My Little Pony only aired in like 5 prefectures, but mostly Tokyo and Osaka....

Here are the original characters made for Japanese PonyCon, Roku-chan and Poniko
日本のウォーリアーズファンの文化について質問です。 878105

And here's the advert for the 2015 JP PonyCon:

They still host JP PonyCon but the event is so small now... maybe someday there will be a JP Warrior Cats Con haha.
WaveSong
WaveSong
見習い
見習い

サンウィング and Murre like this post

トップに戻る Go down

投稿 by WaveSong Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:36 pm

Oh, also worth mentioning, if you are curious, there are websites like Derpibooru where people upload art of ponies. You can use it by searching with tags. So, if you search "oc, japanese", you can find lots of Japanese OC art of ponies, like so: https://derpibooru.org/search?q=oc%2C+japanese

最終編集者 WaveSong [ Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:18 pm ], 編集回数 1 回
WaveSong
WaveSong
見習い
見習い

トップに戻る Go down

投稿 by レッドサイト Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:57 pm

キャラシートに海外でクランがある理由は、ゲームで使うのはもちろんの事だけど、クランが持つ特徴をキャラに定義したいのもあると思う。
レッドサイト
レッドサイト
子猫
子猫

Murre and WaveSong like this post

トップに戻る Go down

投稿 by WaveSong Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:05 pm

Thinking about the different clans and groups for the cat OCs is fun. Usually lots of people gather in a forum with their OCs and separate their OCs into different clans. The clans interact with each other for survival. You can also say you are a loner cat or rogue or kittypet or whatever. You need to try and conserve your resources and keep your clan alive while other clans try to invade your territory. Sometimes forums have functions like dice rolls or coin flips to make the turns interesting, or people just act out their decisions amongst each other. Gives a feeling of patriotism in a way.
WaveSong
WaveSong
見習い
見習い

トップに戻る Go down

投稿 by Murre Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:36 pm

I have a question.
Foreign, warriors of origin's bookcover's pictures are so real. Are they drawn by human or CG?
I think new covers are so real and cool!!
Japanese covers are drawn by Masumi Ozawa.
Her cats are nice,too.

And I'm sorry that I said My Little Pony isn't popular in Japan. Just I didn't know that. they are very cute!
Murre
Murre
スター族
スター族

レッドサイト likes this post

トップに戻る Go down

投稿 by WaveSong Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:18 pm

The main artists for the Warrior Cats English book covers are drawn mostly by Wayne McLoughlin and Owen Richardson. Usually book cover artists are very professional at realistic art anyway, and the Warrior Cat characters have some realm of realism, so that is the reason for the art choice. Masumi Ozawa's art is cute too, and I think is a good example to show how different the advertisement of art is in Japan vs America. Japanese covers of art tend to be more "cuter" than western ones.

Sometimes we joke about "angry Kirby eyes"
(押して開く):

Other examples:
(押して開く):
(押して開く):

Also you are correct, My Little Pony is not popular in Japan, because it is rarely aired and not many prefectures know about it. The Japanese fandom for ponies is a little bigger than Warrior Cats though, and I just wanted to share some pony OCs. Sorry for the confusion. In any case, glad you like them!
WaveSong
WaveSong
見習い
見習い

トップに戻る Go down

投稿 by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

トップに戻る Go down