WARRIORS BBS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ウォーリアーズの原作でわかりにくいところ

3 posters

Go down

ウォーリアーズの原作でわかりにくいところ Empty ウォーリアーズの原作でわかりにくいところ

投稿 by レッドサイト Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:39 pm

日本語版の最初から読み始めたのだけど…
アメリカ文化を理解してなくてすぐにイメージがわかない箇所があったり苦戦中です。

ちなみに、私は"木を食う怪物"で早速躓きました。
嫁が、アメリカは重機で木を伐採する事を教えてくれました。日本とは違って山ではなく平地に木が生えてるからなんだろうなと思ったり…

あと、季語で混乱しやすい。
春:new leaf→若葉
夏:green leaf→青葉
どちらも日本語だと夏を指すので。
ちなみに、こっちは想像つきやすいが…
秋:leaf-fall→落ち葉
冬:leaf-bare→枯れ葉

他にもわかりにくいところあったらみんな語ろう。

最終編集者 レッドサイト [ Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:27 pm ], 編集回数 1 回
レッドサイト
レッドサイト
子猫
子猫

投稿数 : 9
所在地 : 広島県

Murre and WaveSong like this post

トップに戻る Go down

ウォーリアーズの原作でわかりにくいところ Empty Re: ウォーリアーズの原作でわかりにくいところ

投稿 by WaveSong Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:01 am

"Tree-Eater" Monster in real life example:

ウォーリアーズの原作でわかりにくいところ Treeea10
WaveSong
WaveSong
見習い
見習い

投稿数 : 22
所在地 : Hiroshima

Murre and レッドサイト like this post

トップに戻る Go down

投稿 by Murre Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:02 pm

質問です

レッドサイトさんは、アメリカ文化を理解してなくて、と仰っていましたが、ウォーリアーズはイギリスの文化じゃないんですか?エリン・ハンターさん達、イギリスに居るから……

To Wavesong
Your picture of tree-eater is interesting! I didn't know it is called tree-eater in English.
Murre
Murre
スター族
スター族

投稿数 : 973
所在地 : ミステリー小説沼に沈みました。

WaveSong likes this post

トップに戻る Go down

投稿 by WaveSong Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:44 am

Later books retcon the story being set in England. Most of the staff members of Erin Hunter are actually from New York. The publishing company, HarperCollins, is from England but doesn't really have much control over the contents of the books. The story accidentally adds details that are not in England, like cougars and hawks, and the Native American-like cats ("Tribe of Rushing Waters"), that they just decided to make it a fictional location in America and forget about England because America and England are very different and most people in Erin Hunter don't know much about England actually...

Also, by the way, the machine is not literally called a "tree-eater". The cats call it a tree-eater because from their perspective, they do not understand what vehicles and machines are so to them they are some type of monster. There are many different types of wood-cutting heavy machinery that I wouldn't know which specific one it is referring to, but I am pretty sure with the detail of it digging in the ground and "eating" the trees it must be one with a claw.
WaveSong
WaveSong
見習い
見習い

投稿数 : 22
所在地 : Hiroshima

Murre likes this post

トップに戻る Go down

投稿 by Murre Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:20 pm

WaveSong wrote:Later books retcon the story being set in England. Most of the staff members of Erin Hunter are actually from New York. The publishing company, HarperCollins, is from England but doesn't really have much control over the contents of the books. The story accidentally adds details that are not in England, like cougars and hawks, and the Native American-like cats ("Tribe of Rushing Waters"), that they just decided to make it a fictional location in America and forget about England because America and England are very different and most people in Erin Hunter don't know much about England actually...

Also, by the way, the machine is not literally called a "tree-eater". The cats call it a tree-eater because from their perspective, they do not understand what vehicles and machines are so to them they are some type of monster. There are many different types of wood-cutting heavy machinery that I wouldn't know which specific one it is referring to, but I am pretty sure with the detail of it digging in the ground and "eating" the trees it must be one with a claw.

Thank you for your explaining about Erin Hunter. I didn't know about them well,so I was surprised. So,I'll read warriors with thinking that warriors's world is the U.S.

warriors cats in Japanese say monsters are eating trees,too.

レッドサイトさんは今ウォーリアーズ、何巻目読んでますか?気になってるんですが、レッドサイトさんは、原版のウォーリアーズを読み終えてから日本版読んでます?
どの程度ウォーリアーズを知ってて、日本と原版の比較をしてるのか疑問に思って……
もしどこ読んでるかわかったら、この前の兄弟の部分の例えも、どこまでネタバレ(?)してよいのか分かるので……
Murre
Murre
スター族
スター族

投稿数 : 973
所在地 : ミステリー小説沼に沈みました。

トップに戻る Go down

投稿 by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

トップに戻る Go down

トップに戻る